Dental technology is advancing every day and Dr. Kim sees the importance of using state-of-the art equipment in his practice. Read about some technologies Dr. Kim and his staff are currently using:
- Digital x-rays are quickly becoming adopted by a large percentage of the dental industry.
- A digital x-ray allows Dr. Kim and his staff to take an image of the tooth or teeth and put it into an imaging program.
- Within this imaging program, there are a number of tools that will allow Dr. Kim to take a very close look at the teeth and surrounding structures with amazing accuracy.
- As a benefit to the patient, the digital x-ray also provides nearly 80% less radiation than a standard x-ray.
- The intraoral camera is an amazing diagnostic tool for viewing different angles in the mouth.
- The camera gives Dr. Kim the ability to view the entire mouth on a monitor so that we can get a closer look at any potential issues or problems that may arise.
- In addition, you will have the ability to see the same images Dr. Kim is seeing.
- These digital images are also excellent for gaining procedure acceptance from insurance companies.
- Endodontics, more commonly known as root canal, is a procedure where the roots or nerves of the tooth are removed. This is often due to the fact that they are infected and the tooth is causing pain.
- Rotary Endodontics is a way of performing the root canal utilizing a specific electrical handpiece. This tool often makes the process faster and allows the dentist to perform the process with greater ease.